Why Enroll in an AMS Teacher Education Program
Are you thinking about becoming a Montessori teacher or administrator? Wondering which program will best prepare you for this path? Here’s something to think about: An AMS credential indicates that an individual is a professional educator, dedicated to working collaboratively with parents, colleagues, and all members of the school community.
The AMS credential also reflects more than 50 years of research and continuous improvement upon professional teaching standards.
Beginning (or continuing) your professional career as a Montessori educator at an AMS teacher education program will provide you with the knowledge and philosophical underpinnings you’ll need to grow into your new profession or new teaching level. Instruction areas include:
Human growth and development
- Montessori theory and philosophy
- Accurate and appropriate use of Montessori materials
- An open-ended array of learning materials and activities
- Observational skills to successfully guide and challenge students
- Teaching strategies that support and facilitate the unique growth of each individual
- Leadership skills to foster a nurturing environment that is physically and psychologically supportive of learning
AMS-credentialed teachers are engaged in a deeply rewarding and fulfilling profession. To start your search for the right AMS teacher education program for you, use the search tool (top, right).